Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Crazy Husband - - updated story info that I forgot about!!!

For as long as I've known Stuart, whenever he gets a fever he goes crazy. For the most part all he did was talk all crazy in his sleep. A week ago we entered a whole new level of fever-crazy!! Last Wednesday Stuart stared getting a sore throat, so he went to the doctor and got on anti-biotics. Well on Thursday afternoon, the crazy-talk started. He was taking a nap on the couch and I walked into the room as he was asking someone if they had "talked to Susan". I asked him who Susan was and he told me "Susan Bitter Smith" ( She's running for some office I guess). He then went on to say that "Sherriff Joe Arpio supports her but he didn't know what her policy's are" He got himself so worked up about Susan Bitter Smith and her policy's that he had to look her up on the internet to find out.

Then that evening I had gone to bed when Kolby went down and Stuart stayed out working/playing on his laptop. I woke up to nurse Kolby and found Stuart standing in front of the couch with his underware down to his ankles. I told him to pull them up, but he insisited that he couldn't reach them. Finally he pulled them back up. Then he got up off the couch, put on his flip flops and got a wet paper towel and proceded to catch a bug in the hallway that wasn't there, after he flipped every light swith on and off several times. After he threw away the invisible bug he decided to take the trash out to the curb, so that the bug couldn't get away. I was still sitting in the chair nursing Kolby as he began to unlock the front door, in his underware and flip flops, but luckily he couldn't get the door open with the child lock I put on it. I told him to put the trash down and lay back down on the couch and I'd put the trash out in the morning. I got him to lay back down on the couch, but he wouldn't take his flip flops off, so I had to take them off of him and he got really upset about that. So I finished nursing Kolby and I went back to bed. Then 2 minutes later I heard the front door open and shut and I jumped out of bed to find Stuart running around all hunched over in the front yard taking the trash out...IN HIS UNDERWARE!!!! He came back in and began to look for bugs that may have come in while the door was open. Stuart then began talking about going to the gym. I couldn't take my chances with that one, so I had to hide all the car keys. Can you imagine a grown man showing up at the gym in the middle of the night in his underware wearing a nose stip. Well, soon after I hid the keys he was on the phone pushing buttons and saying "hello, hello". He didn't actually call anyone luckily, but when I asked him what he was doing he said he was going to call the dealership and give them the bin # for the car so they could make him a key so he could then go to the gym. At this point I was a little fed up and going a little crazy myself taking care of an adult child. I actually grounded him to the couch, and I think I may have even spanked his butt for not obeying at first. Finally he did get on the couch, but said that he needed to get up to spit in the sink. I said he had to stay on the couch and I'd get him a spit cut. He then wanted to get up to get a drink, but I brought him a cup of water too and just prayed he wouldn't get the two cups mixed up. So I went back to bed after sitting out with him making sure he was alseep for sure. Well a few hours past and it was time to nurse Kolby again and when I came out into the living room I found Stuart sitting up on the edge of the couch about to pee in his spit cup. I asked him what the heck he was doing and he said that I told him he couldn't leave the couch. I told him it's okay to get off the couch for that. What an obedient hubby I have. He did manage to thank me for being such a great wife during all his crazy happenings. Oh and he also was stomping around all over the living room.. making his flip flops...well flip flop!!!

Now for night number 2 of crazy stuff... Again I go to bed early with Kolby, and Stuart stays up on the computer. I came out of the room to nurse again and Stuart was sleeping on the couch ranting about his brain tumor and that he needed to get it out. I told him to go back to sleep...even though he was sleeping if that makes any sense. He was again in his underware and flip flops, flipping and flopping all over the house. He again got a wet paper towel but this time he actually caught a cricket and came over to show it to me and said "now who's crazy". He then got his cell phone and dialed a number and told them he wouldn't need a ride to the hospital to get his brain tumor out, he'd drive himself. I asked him for his phone after he hung up and I looked to see who he called....911!!! Oh yeah, he called them for real. Good thing they never called back or came over. He then went to the garage and opened the door and began to go outside to go to the hospital. I had to pull Kolby off from nursing, put him down and run after Stuart to bring him back inside. I quickly hid the keys again.

So that was my two days of CRAZY STUART!!! I was so afraid to go to sleep for fear of finding him wandering around the neighborhood in his underware!! I learned this past weekend when Stuart's parent's were here for Kolby's baby blessing that he did this as a child too. I hope he never get's a fever again!!! But now we are seeing a little bit of the crazy in Kylie too. When she get's a fever she does talk in her sleep all crazy like....OH NO!!! I really hope they both don't get sick at the same time.

2 comments:

Heather and Brendan said...

Okay so I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! That is so stinking funny... I love the part about walking around in his flip flops... making them go... flip flop! Oh my gosh I seriously laughed so much!

BridgetLeifling said...

OMG poor you and poor Stuart. I don't think anyone could have made that up. That was so funny, my kids were wondering what I was laughing so hard at. So it happens when he's running a fever or when he gets on antibiotics? I took Levaquin about 10 years ago, I was at work, we were in a meeting and all of a sudden the desk went to the ceiling and back down. When I looked at everyone, they all looked like a picaso painting. My boss was very concerned, called my doctors office, they said it was the antibiotic. Some people halucinate on some antiobiotics. Needless to say, I've never taken that one again. Well Get some sleep gf.