Thursday, December 11, 2008

As the Doodle Bops say... "Don't you worry when the lights go out"

I can't hold it against Kylie for not wanting to sleep in her room. She's always a little scared of the dark, as was I as a child. I slept with a night light... I'm not ashamed to admit it. Well Kylie gets a little spooked by the shadows that are made by the night light. Darned if she does, Darned if she doesn't kind of thing. She still ends up in my bed most nights, but at least I get her to start off in her bed with this new remedy. When I was little I used to go to bed with all my dolls and stuffed animals all around me. If I can ever find that picture I'll post it next to Kylie's. Every night I tell Kylie a story before going to bed. This particular night after hearing her talk about being scared I told her about what I used to do to get all protected for bed. She wanted to give it a try. So I placed all her dolls and stuffed animals all around her. A few minutes later she asked to have them all taken off because she had to scratch her leg and couldn't do it for some reason with all the chaos. So after all the scratching was finished... she was able to go to sleep

No comments: